all images and stories are the property of Catherine Beerda-Basso and are not to be used without given permission...thank you

Friday 22 June 2012

Summer Soulstice....

I am a little late in this post
but I wanted to honour the entry of Summer
and Summer Soulstice




A day for gratitude
A day for celebrating the Light
that is within us all.
A day to dance
A day to sing
A day to rejoice
*


I have to be honest
things have been unsettled here as of late
transition brings such thimes
and so
because of this
I was intentional about my gratitude
voicing it as I moved through my day...
*
a few thingsI was grateful for was:


~for the rocky road of Break Through
~the Challenge of growth
~for a beautiful back deck to journal and enjoy
a delicious cup of coffee while looking upon our 
beautiful back yard
~for the sun that shone as the rains have been plenty this month




~for my steadfast and faithful companion
oh how I love this creature
~for family-in all it's ups and downs-I am grateful for mine
~for Mother Natures Beauty in my back yard





~for the abundance I live in
both physically and spiritually
~for the understanding of that abundance




~for a beautiful card from a beautiful sister
...ah, yes, how I need those words right now...
grateful grateful grateful
and that was just in the morning of my day
*
Yesterday I did not dance
but I moved
and rocked
I stayed close to home
 just to be
*


On the back yard bench swing I started a new book
given to me by a friend
(gail you are gonna wanna check this one out!)
I love reading about others who live out their faith
who walk their talk
who live their truth and calling
so inspiring.
This woman
Corrie Ten Boom
lived a fascinating life
from a prison camp in germany
to "the world is your stage".
She went around, where she felt she was needed
and shared her Story, her Faith, her God
I am enjoying the book already
(thanks Sofia, will have it back to you soon)
Reading her story made me grateful,
made me rejoice in her light
gave me continued courage to shine my own light...
*
When others shine their light,
celebrate their spirit
it gives us the courage to do the same
and when we shine our light
and celebrate our spirit
we give those around us
the courage to do the same...
and so on.




It is a reflection of how intertwined
we really are
how connected and affected by one another
*
I celebrated the Light with in me
acknowledging how it saved my life...
and now
giving Gratitude in how
it IS my life


But my favourite things of this day came from one of you, 
my lovelies
in the form of a comment
that held a question
the comment was made on this post
it was made by
Janae
she wrote
"I wonder after your heart when I read this.
Out of curiosity,
are you speaking from your overflow of joy 
or in an effort to claim
that which you hope is true?"


(one of the "baby" robins
trying out his new wings)


I loved this question
questions allow me 
to speak
to offer
to be an active vessel
to fully fill my purpose


my answer


Truly
the words of that post
is what I know to be True
those words are a reflection of my Journey
I have discovered that "The Journey"
is not one of external
but one of internal
as we navigate through ourselves
unfolding our truth
scaling over conditioning
and sifting through cellular memories
because my belief is
The Journey
is not so much about journeying back to
Light
Heaven
God
Love
 Source
because these things are always with us
my belief is our Journey
is the one back to ourselves
back to the Soul of our existence
back to the core of our being
back to the perfect creation
we started out as.


The Creator knew what we would face
in our life time
so with Love
stitched all we would need
inside of ourselves
and because of 
The Great Love
The Creator gives us freedom to find those things
on our own
there are placed many helpers in our path
and Spirit walks freely with us
but the Journey is ours
the choice is ours
because 
The Great Love
is just that big.


*


As you enter your weekend
my hope is you ponder these words
pour them upon yourselves 
and
marinate in them
they come from a sacred place within myself
fuelled by The Spirit that walks with me
and thank you
to the lovely Janae
weaver of words
creator of imagery
Sister of the Deep
for following your heart and prompting my voice
you are a treasure.


Happy Weekend my Lovelies


Love and Light


(all images take on the morning of Summer Soulstice)

10 comments:

  1. you are so very wise my dear friend. your voice so needed and important. are are such a beautiful channel. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "our Journey
    is the one back to ourselves"
    ...
    "Love stitched all we would need inside of ourselves"
    ...
    Both of those are stand-out to me. I am writing them down and carrying them in my pocket today.
    I feel as though your giving, your overflow causes me to overflow onto the next who overflows onto the next ... there is no end. Our giving is such a beautiful sharing from the deep waters.
    ...
    Thanks for answering my question and for honoring me with such a lovely description. I also take that in today, for I do not always honor myself as I should. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that yellow mug do much! It's symbol is so cheery and suits your chipper love and light;) love it.
    I read corrie ten boom in school! I am glad you are enjoying the sun and reading. We've barely had sun either all month. That does affect the soul after awhile. Your dog is beautiful and made me wish for a moment that I could do animals.
    Love you Cat and thanks for being a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm...purposeful lists of thankfulness can be such helpful tools when it comes to lifting up the soul. thank you for that nudge...i need to do that today. i keep meaning to thank you for the lovely card i recently received from you! it was such a blessed encouragement. thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. and i love Corrie ten Boom. i hope you enjoy that book about her. :) she's so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Creator knew what we would face
    in our life time
    so with Love
    stitched all we would need
    inside of ourselves
    and because of
    The Great Love
    The Creator gives us freedom to find those things
    on our own
    there are placed many helpers in our path
    and Spirit walks freely with us
    but the Journey is ours
    the choice is ours
    because
    The Great Love
    is just that big.

    ::

    wow....this. i love this. absolutely true and beautiful.
    happy summer soulstice to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again your words reflect His words.... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. "When others shine their light,
    celebrate their spirit
    it gives us the courage to do the same"

    Amen sister! Thank you for shining your light <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post with us! To show gratitude for acts and things and people we take for granted is a beautiful gesture. I love your photographs and how you showed your gratitude through them. Thank you also for telling us about Corrie Ten Boom- I am feeling very much inspired by what I have read.
    I agree with you that when we are "ready" to travel the path of our "higher intentions", then we will meet many "like minded souls" who are, as you have written, "placed as helpers in our path by God."
    I am also moved by these beautiful words-
    "and the Spirit walks freely with us
    but the Journey is ours
    the choice is ours"
    -How true !
    have a nice day,
    Sanghamitra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading this beautiful post on gratitude. We often take things/people in our life for granted! So being grateful is a beautiful way of showing our concern. Thanks also for sharing the photographs of the moments that matter to you. The book on Corrie Ten Boom is very inspiring.
    I agree with you about "there are placed many helpers on our path", Yes indeed, He sends us strangers/friends to help us in our journey towards "higher purpose".
    I also loved these lines:" The Spirit walks freely with us
    but the Journey is ours, the choice is ours".
    So true !
    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning beautiful friend :)
    Love your cute lil' tootsies!

    "When others shine their light,
    celebrate their spirit
    it gives us the courage to do the same
    and when we shine our light
    and celebrate our spirit
    we give those around us
    the courage to do the same...
    and so on.
    It is a reflection of how intertwined
    we really are
    how connected and affected by one another."

    Mmmmm.... I could just read and re-read this over and over again.

    I love that question posed by Janae as well... questions are my favorite! They cause us to ask and it's always amazing what rises to the top.

    You are one of my poetic friends..writing with such profoundness and beauty. So many times I come and I don't know what to say.
    But Thankyou and I love you.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Your voice is welcome here, your connection appreciated. Love and Light