all images and stories are the property of Catherine Beerda-Basso and are not to be used without given permission...thank you

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Storytelling...





I met a lonely man
who liked to talk
He didn't understand me
or
my way of thought
Yet
he talked to me...continually
He was looking for an explanation
Why I was the way I was.


Why do you sit here and write?
He asked me with a look 
that said things with him weren't right
Yet he saw in me
something
he once was...
something 
he had let go of.


He was empty
He was sad
He was alone
Yet,
he tried to smile
to find a purpose
He tried to face...
to face Life


He finally fell silent
as my pen
continued to move.






















Love and Light
linking up with Sadee here

7 comments:

  1. Simple...and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he found purpose. Beautifully written.


    Thanks for following My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Cat, can't wait to red more xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Cat.
    A beautiful poem and images to match...
    its no wonder he saw something in you - LOVE AND LIGHT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sad and poignant...
    life goes on, in this paradox...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Cat! Thanks for linking up again and for your encouragement this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your voice is welcome here, your connection appreciated. Love and Light