all images and stories are the property of Catherine Beerda-Basso and are not to be used without given permission...thank you

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Living in the Exhale....

(an unexpected photo taken by my husband~me on the back deck in deep reflection)

I'm living in the Exhale...

From deep with in me
A breathe arises
Warm with Wisdom
Wrought with Wounds
Wild with Wonderment

(early morning running companion Coyote hanging out under Eagles nest)

It leaves my body slowly
Expanding as it goes
Who knew?
So much could be inside
One Soul
So much Life
So much Death


It causes me to be still
To sleep
To sit in silence
As I welcome The Rains
For they allow me to stay slow


And as new life is seen
all around
I rest in the knowing...
*
~Catherine Beerda-Basso
copyright 2012




I finished The Alchemist this week
ahhhhhh
a beautiful 
simple
fable 
about the Journey of Life.
In the book they call it the Personal Legend.
It is a story about a lowly shepherd who goes in search of a treasure that a king foretold, awaits him in the Egyptian desert.
Along the way he meets many a character who prove to be an intricate part of his own life's web.
It is a Journey of Dreams
a Journey of Faith
a Journey of Love
a Journey of Life.
but mostly
it is about Love
Divine Love
Love that makes up all things.

"This is what we call Love," the boy said, seeing that the wind was close to granting what he requested. "When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there is no need at all to understand what's happening because everything happens within you, and even men can turn themselves into the wind. As long as the wind helps, of course." pg 148-149

"Because it's not love to be static like the desert, not is it love to roam the world like the wind. And it's not love to see everything from a distance, like you do. Love is the force that transforms and improves the Soul of the World. When I first reached through to it, I thought the Soul of the World was perfect. But later, I could see that it was like other aspects of creation, and had it'w own passions and wars. It is we who nourish the Soul of the World, and the world we live in will be either better or worse, depending on whether we become better or worse. And that's where the power of Love comes in. Because when we love, we always strive to become better than we are." pg 152

I really can't say much else as I think it is a book that ignites personal reflections
personal thought
one that must be read by the individual
to fully appreciate
it is a quick and easy read
like a sweet dessert on a warm summers day
while the breezes kiss your cheeks as you sit in the garden
*
as for me
I borrowed this copy from a friend
but upon reading it
I will be purchasing my own 
to put upon my book shelf
where it will stay.
It will be one of the books I will read to my 9 year old this summer...
and a book that I will read again 
but this time 
I will be able to journal in the book
as I go.
*

what is touching your souls my lovelies?

Love and Light


7 comments:

  1. i LOVE your back porch! Love that photo. Also love the quotes. They helped soothe and inspire:) Your poem was beautiful too. Mika is currently touching my soul and youtube...strangely enough...it's on my blog because right now I just suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K!! You totally do NOT suck... just those times when we need that break and there is that "open-ness" space.
      Be kind to you, you sweet and beautiful woman!
      xo

      Delete
  2. This post touched my soul. I love that pic of you in deep thought and your words, so deep and real and true. I'm glad I napped today for many hours and stayed up late so I could read this before going to bed. Tomorrow, I'm going to exhale when I wake up and gain some much needed clarity. love you xoxo
    and K, I don't think you suck. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah... LOVE the pic of you, Cat.. beauty you thinking, reflecting and just in that moment. LOVE it!
    This book is one that is on my list of MUST reads! I have had other friends post quotes from it, and I keep thinking I have GOT to get out and get this book.. lol!

    What is touching my soul...hmmmm.. just being and taking in the beauty of summer here in Colorado.. my new state!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the alchemist wasn't for me. i'm glad you got so much out of it.

    the photo of the coyote has touched my soul today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful words you have woven in here into this post. Loved reading every word. And "love" is something that will keep us alive, every moment, even in our pain.
    I love the photograph of yours that your husband took.
    Please visit my blog if you are interested:-)
    I am into reading, poetry writing,painting ,photography, among other interests.
    love,
    Sanghamitra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cat, I love the shot of you deep in reflection and your poem on Living in the Exhale. Gorgeous writing and sharing - yumminess! So glad to have our paths cross thanks to the spirit that moves me Soul Path series. Namaste sister.

    ReplyDelete

Your voice is welcome here, your connection appreciated. Love and Light