all images and stories are the property of Catherine Beerda-Basso and are not to be used without given permission...thank you

Friday 18 May 2012

Keeping it Real

Keeping it Real with the lovely

Every Friday 
Monica invites her readers to
"Share your own ups-downs, lows-highs, hits-misses, dark-light,
peaks-valleys, plus-minuses,
as we keep the blogosphere real."


The Ebb:

~being broken open to sadness
~missing doing daily life with my son
~the isolation that sadness and grief brings
~adjusting to a new reality

*

The Flow:

~sacred places to find stillness and peace
~sacred friends who walk with you
~going over to best friends for a visit in the middle of the week and pretending it was Friday and not Wednesday
(meaning we, and the kids, stayed up way too late on a school night and perhaps my girlfriend and I drank a little too much wine for a mid week visit : ) while the guys chatted apps 
and u-tube videos )
~finding my prayer amulet
(more on that to come)
~wise words, in an email, from a soulsister




Love and Light





10 comments:

  1. i love your pretend friday! that must have offered up a whole lotta soul nurturing for you all.

    i linked you up (it's cause there's a.ca after the blog addy you used)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos of you. I'm sorry you're missing your son. That time is coming quickly for me and my eldest daughter. *sniff* But I'm glad you have friends to encourage you and have fun with!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww ((( hugs for you ))) it must be hard - I don't know what I'm gonna do when my daughter leaves for university in a couple years - OUCH!!!
    gorgeous pics - love em!

    PS> I live in Ontario
    happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much ♥ to you, sweet sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending warm thoughts. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry chook, can't link you up either. the .ca in your links is stopping me from doing so. just remove them and try again.

    peace
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pause with you and pay my respects to this, your life, your ebb and flow. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My comment needs a follow-up, because I sound so formal and detached - which is exactly the opposite of how I intended to sound. I believe that each journey is so unique and sacred, that there is much to respect. And you speaking your week out-loud left me wanting to be still, to love what you love, and hurt what you hurt about.
      I am here and if you ask me to jump in and swim, I will. xo

      Delete
  8. Love you... thinking of you so much.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Your voice is welcome here, your connection appreciated. Love and Light