all images and stories are the property of Catherine Beerda-Basso and are not to be used without given permission...thank you

Monday 17 December 2012

Monday Offering...Keep your Heart Strong

In the wake of last weeks shootings
I remain in the stillness of prayer...
words escape me


I spent my time watching
the spaces that had grown between us
And I cut my mind on second best
the scars that come with the greeness
I gave my eyes to the boredom
still the seabed wouldn’t let me in
And I tried my best to embrace the darkness
in which I swim

Now walking back down this mountain
with the strength of a turning tide
The wind so soft at my skin
the sun so hot upon my side
Looking out at this happiness
I searched for between the sheets
Feeling blind, to realise
All I was searching for was me
Oh all i was searching for was me

Keep your head up, keep your heart strong
Keep your mind set, keep your hair long
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong
Keep your mind set in your ways
Keep your heart strong

I saw a friend of mine the other day
And he told me that my eyes were gleaming
I said I’d been away
and he knew the depths I was meaning
It felt so good to see his face
the comfort invested in my soul
To feel the warmth of his smile
when he said ‘I’m happy to have you home’
Oh im happy to have you home

Keep your head up...

Because I’ll always remember you the same
Eyes like wildflowers with your demons of
change
May you find happiness there
May all your hopes turn out right

Keep your head up...

Because I’ll always remember you the same
Eyes like wildflowers with your demons of
change...

~Ben Howard~

Holding on to all that is beautiful and good
Love and Light my lovelies...

The prayer is from Marianne Williamson


For those who bear the unbearable burden
of unimaginable grief,
who in their agony yell at the forces of fate...
For those who moan and those who faint,
for those who rage and those who pray,
we moan and pray along with them.
For tonight, those were our children too.
Dear God, 

May a legion of angels come upon the parents
and bring to them an otherworldly touch,
an otherworldly comfort
and otherworldly sense that their children are well,
that they are safe with God,
and shall be with them always.
Give to those who grieve what no mortal force can give...
the touch of Your Hand upon their heart.
May all who are touched by this darkness
be Lit by Your grace.
Please wipe away all tears, dear God.
as only You can do.
Amen

(thanks Nyssa)

7 comments:

  1. perfect song xoxo just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo the poetry prayer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our world is broken. There's sadness everywhere. Now, maybe we'll change our minds about guns.
    XO and a Peace sign

    ReplyDelete
  4. love Ben Howard, thank you...
    xoxo

    ps. Thank you so much for the sweet card Cat XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Cat! I so love this perfect song for this trying time.

    Thank you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life has to go on..in spite of the tragedies...we have to forgive and move on..
    Thanks for sharing the poem and for providing solace to the soul.
    take care,

    ReplyDelete

Your voice is welcome here, your connection appreciated. Love and Light