all images and stories are the property of Catherine Beerda-Basso and are not to be used without given permission...thank you

Thursday 6 November 2014

Ode to October...

You are my favorite time of year
it is not hard to love you at all.
This is my season
when life begins to fade
and with it comes the amazing beauty of change
and change did come
as it does...

starting with the official ending of a season 

we have been gathering for 3 years
and now the time had come to bring our circle and contract
to a close


bitter sweet

as it is with those things that we love
but as this is the season of death
so it is that all things have their own end
and so it is...


And as one door closed another door opened
as a new dream was birthed...
with two amazing lovelies
I call sisters and friends



and the response was tremendous...
more on this little nugget in a post to come.
*
And then there is the time of Thanksgiving
which found me on a bus north bound to meet my love and my son...

Oh the lavish land that I live in
 magnificent wild mountain rages
plummeting into deep ancient rivers
and then comes the interior dessert
dry and cool
refreshing for the lungs to breath
and for the eyes to beyold
 

This month brought a re-awakening
of priorities and what really mattered
It brought truth 

Some truths are hard to take
and some the minute you hear them
you know them to be true
but even in the hard ones
there is something to be learned
something to grow from
something to live for


I held my last Shaenalach Retreat for the year
and the first one under the new name...
and it was splendid
a huge blessing!
I love the work I do

I am so blessed by the women who join me
they show such courage and willingness
such grace and compassion
it is an inspiration to me
to keep on this healing path for myself
and to keep providing this space for others
to do the same.


 And in the end
there was laughter
courtesy of 
a child that brings such joy to my life.


October
you were so full
everyday something new
something painful
something beautiful

thank you
thank you
thank you

How was October for you my lovelies?

Love and Light

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Cat, for sharing the glimpses of your life in October. The pictures that you have clicked are so beautiful, I am in awe of the picture where the staircases are leading to a river/lake...
    Life is a mix of something painful and something beautiful, a mix of bitter and sweet as you have rightly said. For me too, it was so...I am healing in the midst of pain...
    I am also glad to hear that October paved the way for reawakening in you in many ways...
    take care,
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a joy to see you here S...blessings
      and more healing for you too my friend

      love and light

      Delete
  2. I've always been in love with October, it never lets me down ... thank you for sharing yours, lots of sweet beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it never lets us down!
      so true S

      love and light

      Delete
  3. october has always been one of my favourite months.
    you showcased her beauty rather well….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you M
      as you do too!

      love and light

      Delete
  4. A lovely tribute to October. It is certainly all about change. Beautiful words and beautiful photos. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. More than ever, I see you shine. Not just your smiles, not only the joy I see in your eyes but I am seeing the place you've landed. There is a confidence, a purpose, arms stretched out to the heavens, arms that embrace life.
    Your path is a good one. I might just have to lay my wise old hands in that circle someday.
    Namaste. Namaste.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes please PrairieGirl...come and join me in circle sister...I would so love that!

      love and light

      Delete

Your voice is welcome here, your connection appreciated. Love and Light